Sunday, December 27, 2009

Last Sunday of 2009

For almost two months, Hone and I attends the Sunday service in PUP. This is one of the songs that moved me today.



Sis. Edith Mendoza gave the Word of God. Her text is taken from Ezekiel 39:28-29. She entitled her topic, "Then, they will know that I am the Lord."

She said that:
2007 was the Year of Breakthrough
2008 was the Year of Overflow
2009 was the Year of Open-heaven
and 2010 will be the Year of God, the Great I am.

In 2010, she said that God will reveal himself to His people. That he will no longer hide His face. That God will do things in His peoples' lives according to HIS will. Everything bound to happen will be what God want to happen.

Year 2010 will not be about blessings, not about miracles, not about everything we want or need in life- like a new car, a new house, not about how much money we have in the bank. Year 2010 will center on God. It's HIS Year, and all HIS purpose will prevail.

Then, I have nothing to do, but just to surrender everything He wants to happen in every aspect of my life.

Weird, but even before I heard the preaching, I feel nothing about 2010. Usually, weeks before Christmas, I have set plans for the upcoming Year, but this time... I didn't felt the urge of planning things for myself. Until, I heard the preaching and understood why I felt that way... It's because 2010 is not about me, it's about HIM.

Then, how do I benefit if it is HIS year?

Answer. He will show how majestic, powerful, and how great HE is beyond what we can imagine.

He is the Lord, Jehovah, the Great I am.

***
Lord,

Here's my life, it's Yours.
Do to me, whatever You want
and whatever pleases You.

No comments: