Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Lifeline

Sir Odjie prepared several things for us. It's like a team building but only inside a four-cornered room.

Our team was asked to write our "Lifeline" and indicating each special event in our lives and indicating how we felt each time if we were on our low, medium or high esteems. It was reflected through graphs.

They made theirs. I made mine. I made it sure that I have written all the significant events in my life that had an impact on me starting from my toddler years until this very moment that I'm with the team.

Without hesitations, all of us including our bosses laid our lives. Our happy and sad days, our frustrations, regrets in life... everything scoped by each title we placed in the sheet of paper... a sheet of paper that mean't almost my whole life... the sheet of paper which reminded me of my pasts and which reminded me how I was made today.

I heard their stories first. I was the very last person who laid my life in the circle. My heart beated so fast before I started my first word. Then, when I started out, I spoke simultaneously. I was laughing with my lifelilne and almost crying at the same time. They- I felt how curious they were that moment about me. My life is not that interesting but at that very moment, I felt as if my life is like a book chased by people to be read. All eyes on me. Staring. All ears on me. Listening. I laid my life on these people. I gave them the right to become a part of me. After my speech, it felt great. It's as if I've known them for almost 10 years and vice versa.

"My Lifeline"- I chose to keep it forever and continue processing the my lifeline, reflecting on significant events that occured in my life. It's about my lifestory. Perhaps, if in time, I'll get an amnesia and forget the things in my life... I'll be able to recognize things and and remember events if I will be able to see this "Lifeline". I said it so because it perfectly summarizes almost everything, everything.

No comments: