Saturday, January 13, 2007

A Pre-Birthday Piece

2 days before my birthday

I am excited in my upcoming birthday. I don't know why, but I am.. It's not because I want to get older. Who wants to get old by the way? Nobody! Well, I even stopped counting my age when I was 20. So right now, if you'll ask how young I am. I'l say tweny. It's hard to explain as to why I am excited this way. Not too excited, as if I can't even sleep. I need to sleep especially with the kind of schedule I have right now. Geez! It makes me insane. But I am waiting for this day as if something marvellous will happen. But come to think of it, I am spending my birthday alone because it's my off, my parents as well as my Hone will go to work. I'm not meeting any friends at all. I'll just spend my day alone.. alone.. alone.. perhaps I'll just make my self vain that day and take reflection of how life had been in the past year.

I know what's gonna happen that day. But I am excited still. I can't explain. Maybe, this year's gonna be good to me. Far better than the previous year. I am hopeful. Thank God for the word hope exists.

I consider last year as the worst year of my life. I thought my God left me in the battlefield alone with nobody to cling into with my greatest frustration. That particular chapter made me rebel. I can't imagine, I've done things which I know I couldn't. Life's had been unfair. God's unjust. I filled my heart with negativity and it took me almost two months to get over. That long. I even forgot that I was a psych graduate and not just a mere psych graduate Whew! I had no friends to talked about the situation. I know I have so many friends, lotsa friends. But I just don't know as to why when the time I really needed friends to help my parents push me up... they're gone. .. they're not there.. they're with their own businesses and work and everything else. Now I understand the saying "Laugh and the world laughs with you, Cry and you cry alone." This proverb is indeed damn true.

Good thing, that when "God closes a door, He opens a window". He did open one for me in a world I never expect I'd be going, In a world where I never wanted to go, In a world where I thought as the very last resort that I'll do in my life. Life's ironic. It takes us to the places we never expect and we don't even want. Gladly, this world welcomed me warmly. I found satisfaction. I found peace. I found joy. I found new friends. This new world just made me happy and healed my wounds of broken dreams and broken promises. I am thankful, that life took me there.

2 days to go.

I am adding another year in my life, even if I deny it, I can't hide it. I welcome it then. I don't know where I'd be completely going. Wherever life takes me- bring it on, huh! I'm tougher this time. Life taught me that. I'm never gonna let my self down again. My Birthday wish well, I wish for World's peace! Geez!;-)

Thank you to all the people who have already greeted me, and will greet. Dieu Benissent!

No comments: