Monday, January 15, 2007

A Birthday Piece

Yesterday, few people already greeted, Marga and Cis (my highschool friends), my bestfriend, my hone and my hone's two tita. I was just silent in the church about my birthday, since I wasn't really going to have a big party this year, plus the fact that I needed to sleep right after the service. In the evening, together with my mom and dad, I celebrated my day, we just dine out, so it required us to go to the mall. It was a simple dinner but I'm overwhelmed that my family is complete plus the fact that my dad had already recovered from the recent operation. Now we're overcoming. They just can't believe that their daughter is now tweny-___ years old. Their just proud and satisfied. Well, its because they brought me up well and I personally have big dreams in life. Some had already been achieved and bigger ones are yet to come.

15th of January 2007. I wanted to keep my eyes closed when the evening stroke. I'm not sure if I'm asleep or I was awake on the very start of my birthday. I mean, 12 midnight. However, when I woke up, my mom and dad were already singing the birthday song for me (they do that to their one and only child every year- and they never fail) ;-)

It was a bright day. I thank my Lord for giving me another year in this earth, another hope to live and love, another chance to make up from my mistakes, another opportunity to fulfil my dreams. He amaze me, bestowing the countless blessings in my life inspite of all my sins. God remains faithful and just. He remains my ever loving God.

I went to a doctor today and had a beauty treatment. On my way, my college colleague, Jeslie called- she even sang for me. I actually demanded her to call, but I didn't expect she really will. Let me tell this, but I feel that she completed my day. It's really nice to hear a friend's voice from a very far place. It simply connects us together. The treatment, is quite expensive since it requires 6-8 sessions but it is more cheaper than the ones in the mall. Furthermore, at least I personally know the doctor, since I already had few check-ups in her clinic before. I also learned something today. The doctor said that my pain threshold is high, meaning, I can tolerate pain far others can. Thus, she said it was a good characteristic, since I will be able to endure life's pain and trials, and be able to succeed further. I like what she said. It took me almost 4 hours in the clinic. Oh, Tina and I were texting in between hours, she said that I just deserve to treat myself. I know I do.

After that, I was supposed to have my haircut, but I ran out of time, so I went in the mall and meet my hone. We celebrated our birthday. Mine's today and his' will be on the 20th. We ate great foods, had a wonderful talk and watched "A Night at the Museum". I gave that movie a rating of 3.5. It's funny, nice, not too awesome, but we did enjoy the film.

I remember a scenario during my debut, I was about to cry because my highschool friends weren't still in the place and my party was already starting then my host (a family friend) told me this line, "Ashelle, you don't have to let the tears flow down your cheeks just because your few friends are not here Look at the crowd in this place there are many people in this big room that celebrates with you in your very special day even if some of your friends are not yet around, many of your other friends, classmates and relatives are already here for you". Then, puff! I realized he was correct, that I seem to look in the far direction, where in front of me are people who did not made me wait any longer. I am seeing a big picture of everything from that time on. I realized that in life, I don't have to look for people who are not with me, I just simply need to look at the people who are with me right now. It was a great learning. And every time I remember that particular incident, I remember how narrow-minded I was during those days.
Now, I would like to acknowledge the people who made my day very well, few were already mentioned. Tina, Archie, Aimee, Madette, Roj, Sheryl, Ethel (My current workmates in Suth), Marga (highschool friend) Jeslie (my classmate); Ahia Bhon (my hone's supercouzin), Mia ( my trainer) Wheng ( my churchmate) Cham (my sister in KFC-MD- Oh I miss her badly) Teddy ( my big brother in ISB- ahhhh, I'm so glad he did remember coz it's been years since I saw him); some also greeted online like my previous student Raine and my highschool classmate Anna. Of course my Hone , My best and my lovely parents.

I thank God for having wonderful friends. My birthday's complete. But later on, in the office I will still celebrate. I just wish that the desires of my heart will come true- in all aspects, career, health, money, emotion, spiritual, education. With God's help, I know I can reach my dreams! Happy Birthday to me!

*yUmi

No comments: