Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Interview in De La Salle

I was on leave today. This leave date has been postponed for almost a week because classes in school were suspended.

I took the route to MRT station towards DLSU, quite a long travel but it's better at least I wouldn't need to bump up the day's traffic in Quirino Highway.

I wore a green longsleeves and black slacks, I even bought those clothings last week in preparation for this interview. It was too fit in me, and it makes me think and feel to burn little fats from my body.

When I got in the place, I looked for a powder room first to freshen myself. It took me 10 minutes to do that.

Then I proceeded in the exact room I was told to go. I finally met the secretary whom I just heard the voice yesterday. I filled out something, sat for a minute and Whola! My interview happened few more seconds.

I greeted the Interviewee before I entered the room. I nicely carried myself, removed all my tensions and finally sat in the "hotchair" appropraitely.

The interviewee begun to asked me, "What are you doing now?"

I bravely answered, "I work as a CSR in a Call Center in Makati."

He inquired, "How would that be related with the course you want to take?"

I immediately and politely claimed, "I graduated with the Degree of Bachelor's of Science in Psychology Major in Guidance and Counseling Stream. I believe Sped is very much related with my course. Besides, I previously worked with AMA Computer University as a part-time College Instructor. I handled Psychology and Sociology subjects.

"So why did you left teaching?" Dr. Borromeo wanted me to probe.

"I left teaching for practical reasons. I wasn't receiving enough compensation that time so I needed to look for a job that I will be able to earn more and enough money so I can study in the Graduate Studies."

I was trying to read Dr. Borommeo's mind, after I answered those things, he wrote something on my credentials. Later on he said.

"Okay, you'll have to take these...'' and blah, blah, blah.

I positively answered, "Oh! that's great, that would be nice."

He explained, "Once you" blah, blah, blah.

"Sure that would be fine.", I excitedly said.

"Then, you may also enroll this subject." he added.

"Great. That's great." that's all I said, I was somehow shocked and I wanted to scream at the top of my voice when he I heard him say, "enroll". For me, it was my "wordclue" if I was able to make it. I was so excited and I can't help smiling that time.

Then, I inquired him, "Is there anything else, Sir?". In my mind, ("Ask me more, I want more questions.") I prepared for two hours, freshen myself for 10 mins before I went in this room... then this interview haven't last five minutes?").

"No more. You just have to call the Admissions Office in the afternoon."

"Okay, thank you, Sir. Bye."

My head ached, I prepared for two hours, freshen myself for 10 mins before I went in that room... then the interview didn't last even five minutes. Geez!

Got off the room and thanked the Lord, My God!

I went out of the building, happy and excited. That was it. Positive. Brilliant. Blessed!

No comments: