Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Quality Time

Arriving home from tedious work, I was surprised by my Dad. He said we'll watch a film tonight with Mom just right after the rice is cooked. The idea of spending time with them is so nice that I can't wait to see what will happen in the next few hours.

Amazed by the book I'm currently reading ("Rich Dad, Poor Dad"), I caught a conversation with my Dad regarding businesses and getting rich, I told him that I feel oneday, I'm going to be rich.;) I was absorbing the book too much, perhaps!

The rice got cooked. We left. I enjoyed the ride and converse with my Dad towards my Mom's school. I know we're spending a quality time together, which seldom happens because we're all busy in our jobs.

After picking up the light of our household, we then went in SM Fairview, bought foods and tickets. They chose to watch the movie "Sinking of Japan".Before we entered the movie house, we have not realized that Japanese don't speak in English until we were inside and heard Niponggo language. Meaning, we'll be reading the subtitle of the whole entire movie. Though, we were just right on time, I felt quite disappointed, thinking that I'll just get bored inside the movie house because I wouldn't be able to understand the movie nor see the subtitle because of the fact that I'm a legally blind person. So I decided, that I'll just enjoy the burger and fries and the popcorn inside even without understanding the film, at least I'm with my most loving parents and we're spending great time together.

Few scenes after we arrived, the movie finally got my attention. I then, forced my eyes to be able to see and read the subtitle flashed. It was a story about the country Japan that will sink in less than a year. It showed many lives that died in quakes from different areas in Japan. The government did all their best to at least save many lives that they can by sending the Japanese people in other countries such as France, US and China and they were about to do something else to save the remaining parts of the country by means of using an atomic bomb or something. I then realized that we have not chosen a wrong film. As the story unfolds, I enjoyed every single emotion that I was able to feel. I was able to relate in the story that God uses the things we least like to serve our purpose in living. This was shed to me by one of the characters who planned other things for himself and can start anew life in other country but ended sacrifing his life for the sake of the people dear to him and of the remaining lives. -The film taught me that "Some things mean more than life." Family is one. Purpose is another.

It just feel so great to learn something new again. Wonderful Day. Great movie. Perfect Time.

No comments: