Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008

It's the time of the year when we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. A beautiful prayer has been uttered by my dad at 12:00 am and I'm really thankful that God has blessed our family throughout the Year.

We had many foods on the table and I can't help but to compare our dining to the dining I saw in Junior's house. Of course, I do not want to reiterate that they are poor, what I want to reiterate is that our family received so many blessings and we should be thankful to God for bestowing us all these bountiful blessings. Without HIM, we're nothing.

It's great that some of my mom's relatives spent Christmas with us. It was a blessed Christmas. Thank you, lord for giving Jesus Christ to us. Jesus, Happy Birthday!:)

After a couple of hour, we all went to sleep for the morning's event. I set-up my alarm at 5:30am. God gave me a wonderful and enough sleep.

Woke up at 6:15 and I crammed 'coz I'm about to cook the Carbonara recipe of Kuya Alex. I had all the ingredients but I was not sure of what to do. I was really clueless. Anyway, I just started doing things like chopping the onions, garlic and carrots, boiling the chicken, pre-cook the bacon, etc, etc... I wasn't sure of what the outcome will be... 7:30 came, my Papa woke up, followed by my Mama. I was still in the kitchen, cooking. Lots of stuff to do. At 8:00, I was done, I asked them to taste it and they all agreed that it tasted good. I hoped they're telling the truth, 'coz that's the food I'm going to serve later for our meryenda.

I texted Hone to come immediately as we are bringing 2 cars.

***

When he arrived, we immediately, fueled our van and picked his parents in their house, then went back home to picked Kisha and Lola. Then, we proceeded in Elysian, our house in Bulacan.

***

When we got there, the house was closed and we didn't have the key. Good thing that just a few minutes, the caretaker of the house immediately arrived and opened the house for us. Soon after, my parents also arrived. It was mingle time for Michael and Mine's family. His parents were kind and soft-spoken. I know my parents liked them as well. Aside from the fact that they wanted someone to look after the house they also like the idea that they no longer have to pay for the caretaker, plus their relationship with Michael's family is being strengthened. I just pray that there will be no problems between them. They also ate my "carbonara", again, recipe of Kuya Alex. I'm glad they liked it, as well as the leche flan of Tingky, the cookies and brownies I've brought. They also brought my favorite spread- tuna spread. It was a fun Christmas Day with them.
***
We had our lunch in my Uncle's house. My cousins on my father side were there, together with their kids. Funny thing was when we arrived, they we're like confused as to why I was there-- haha, all along they thought I was already in UK. I told them, that's it's only in friendster and how I wish I'm already out of this country.
As usual, they prepared so many foods. Foods flooded. Stomachs full.
My inaanak, Jaya, have grown so fast, she's now a teen and I can't help reminisce the days when I still held her in my arms when she was a baby. Goodthing, I've altered my gift to her.:)
***
From there, the van and the other car splitted. Hone together with his family and my lola went home while mom and dad had to go somewhere else pa.
***
The day ended so well.
Merry Christmas everyone!
----
Let's celebrate for the savior is born!

No comments: