Thursday, January 8, 2009

Blast from the Past

I'd like to have a run down of some of the events in my life when I was still studying. I just thought of reminiscing the past 24 years of my existence. I'll hope I'll do great on remembering.

SCHOOLS
Elementary: Little Merry Hearts Montessori Center (Kinder, Grades 1 to 6)
Awards Received: I was a 3rd Honor Student when I was in Kinder.
I was accelerated to Grade 1.
I received a certificate for joining & winning a Choir Competition for Girl Scout in Gr.6.
Memories
Kinder (1989-1990)
*I started admiring the opposite sex when I was in Kinder. My crush was from the morning class. His name was Sherard. Yet, when we grew up, I learned he became sward. hahaha!:p
*Little girls, including I were guessing the color of our panties. Onetime, I raised my skirt and and tried to see what the color of my panty was, When I lifted up my head, one of my classmates was looking at me and my panty! Jeez! I felt deeply embarrased. He was a service-mate of mine named Francis. Our paths met when I was in my intermediate years and I prayed much that he have already forgotten that incident.
*I had a lunchbox which had a sticker of a Chinese womman who holds an umbrella. Whenever it's breaktime, I hated putting it out because I felt it was ugly especially when my classmates' lunchbox were beautiful ones.
*I danced "Labamba" twice. First, all girls of both morning and afternoon classes danced altogether. In the second performance, only 4 students were chosen... And I was one of them.
* My teacher's name was Ms. Garcia. The last time a I heard about LMHMC, she was no longer teaching in Pre-School, she's now teaching in Grade 1.:p

Grade 1(1990-1991)
* I was placed in the first section.
* I met friends- Indira and Charlene.
*I was sickly during this school year. I acquired mumps, chicken pox and other child's common diseases during this time.
*I was always being bullied by my table mate in school. His name was Patrick Villaruel. However, it turned out that he became my crush.
*I played much in the tree together with my classmates.
*The Mt. pinatubo erupted, there had been an earthquake. I was at home that time with my Tita Zandra and I just woke up from siesta.
* My teacher's name was Ms. Coning, who married and became T. Lara. Oh! I got a chance to talk her when I was already in college 'coz it happened that she is a workmate of my cousin Ate Pat.

Grade 2(1991-1992)
* I was placed in the second section.
*I started becoming a Girl Scout. I was given a privilege to participate in a ceremony, which I needed to say something in the microphone.
*I was very good in playing Chinese Garter. Oneday, my mom caught me playing "Ten-Twenty", she was really mad because days and days prior that she was already asking me why my socks gets always dirty. she was thinking if there was a hole in my shoes or if I was taking off my shoes at school. I didn't answer her question and made her think. Well, she got the answer to her question naman.
*There was a Program in school, we were wearing costumes, but my mom wasn't there to watch me dance when my classmates' parents were all there. ;(
* I cried when I wasn't getting the dance step, "Scissors". Then, I mastered it and showed off to everyone who saw me crying.
* I met Rose Scarlet N. Orquiza, she gave me a letter-note saying, "Rachelle, sana hindi mo ako makalimutan." I didn't. I'm looking for her in friendster but I can't find her.
*My teacher's name was Mrs. Renico, she happened to be the mother of one of my classmates, Loujene.

Grade 3(1992-1993)
*I was again placed in the second section.
*I met and became friends with Pauline.
*I brought the seashells I took from my vacation at school. The boys were too noisy playing at it. Then, our teacher took it and and asked my them to eat it. We were all laughing that time, but my teacher was mad.
*I joined a Math Contest. I only reached the 3rd Elimination round.
*I was busy chatting with my seatmate Pauline 'till I saw an eraser flying and I moved myself, so it missed me, When I lifted my head, my teacher was in staring mad at me. He planned to hit me pala and he was even biting his lip. Then, I stopped talking and pretended I didn't know what happened.
*My teacher's name was Mr.Ferrer. His girlfriend was the Librarian that time whom I saw together with Ms. Fabregas when Michael and I were eating.

Grade 4(1993-1994)
* I was placed in the Third Section this time 'coz it was a first come, first served basis daw. Whoever paid the tuition earlier was placed in the higher section.
* This year, I met and became friends with Jerfield Bahaya.
* I enjoyed being a grade 4.
* I liked my classmates and teachers. We had different teachers in different subjects.
* My mom got angry when I got 2 hammer-grades in the 1st grading. One in Math and the other in Music... Oh yes! Music! My mom talked to my teachers and they gave more time to me.
*My dad was working in Saipan during this year. I felt how lonesly my mom was.
* I memorized a drama. I even brought a stick as props but when I and my partner, Andrew performed, I didn't used it.
*I was always being told that Abby and I looks the same. Abby is my classmate when I was in Grade 1 and became my closest friend during highschool.
*I started blurting out answers when the teachers asks questions. I realized that I'm learning on my own. I was little by little becoming grade-conscious.
*I loved our PE subject, there were lots of activities.
* I can vividly remember our performance in the convocation which turned out really beautiful.
*My girls classmates and I cried when one of my classmates started to raise that the Grade 6 students are soon to graduate and they're leaving us.
* I was given an award by our Homeroom Teacher as "Most Industrious" before our school year ends.
*My teacher's name was Ms. Villaruel, she was also our HE teacher. Her husband is the brother of my mom's previous co-teacher. She's one of my favorite teachers.

Grade 5(1994-1995)
*Before the school year started, I didn't want to go back to LMHMC. Why? Because I felt I will be deeply embarrased once I go back to it. I remember, I spreaded a news that I will continue my studies in Saipan since my Dad is getting me and my mom. Yet, something happened and my dad was the one who just went home instead.
*Again, I was placed in the Third Section.
* I noticed that one classmate of mine always meets my eye. His name was Ademar. I began liking him.
* I made friends with Elaine, Rassel, Mia, Ria.
* We had a very strict teacher in Filipino. They hated her but I liked her 'coz it made me feel that I'm learning a lot, besides, my classmates were too loud and I thought that she'll discipline them, and that's what she did.
* I love playing "Agawan Base" game.
*In PE, our topic was about Basketeball and our teacher started asking where it started,who started it and the rules of the game. Prior to that, I have read our notes so I answered him and he was amazed that I knew the answers.
*My adviser's name was Ms. Macanas.

Grade 6(1995-1996)
*Hmmf, again, I was placed in the Third Section.
*My friends during this year are Abby, Elaine, Rassel and Jessica. We were called T-Rex.
*I was hospitalized due to Dengue Fever. Ivan and Argee visited me in the hospital.
*We graduated in Elementary and the theme song was "I'll be there" by Martin Nievera.
*Our teacher was T.Vic.

Secondary: Sto. NiƱo de Novaliches School, Inc.
Awards Received: None

Memories
1st year(1996-1997)
*Rassel and I was wrongfully placed in the section but my mom appealed and the HS Coordinator, T. Jean transferred us to the 2nd section.
*I had always been a part of the Top 10.
*Jao and I had a silent war because of the group project in Science.
*I remember my crush was Joseph Salazar but it turned out that Michael John was the one who courted me. It didn't became us, we just had a "Mutual Understanding". It turned out that we both realized and liked the idea that we were better off as friends.
*My closest friends were Abby, Rassel and Marga. Elaine has somehow parted herself maybe because he liked Michael John that time.
* I was joining the cheering squad but when we were about to perform, I got been sick so I wasn't able to. I was hospitalized after for Dengue Fever again. Joining the cheering competition remained my frustration in life.
*A guy from the other section courted me, and it became "us". He gave me a ring but I lose it. We broke up after 10 months.
*Our section danced "Coco Jumbo". Our costume was the Igorot dress.
*We performed "Ibong Adarna" in our Filipino subject.
* Our teacher's name was T. Thess Bruan, also our Science Teacher.

2nd year(1997-1998)
*I was now placed in the 1st section.
*I joined the Drum and Lyre Band.
*T. Jean was our Adviser, she also handled the Biology class.

3rd year(1998-1999)
*T. Thess handled us again.
*I met my best friend, Jason U. Sumang before the school year started. I asked him if he can be my best friend and he answered with "Yes".
*I failed in Math and my mom was so angry that they needed to send to me to remedial classes, plus the fact that my best friend is tutoring me. I hated Math!
* I won a trophy for joining the oration contest.
* I started liking the cousin of Michael John, Mark.
*We had this fair and the assigned booth for us is the "Marriage Booth". I was also trapped in the same booth I handled.
* Michael John's cousin became my boyfriend.
* We had our JS Prom in Edsa Shangri-La Hotel, Isla Ballroom. I was partnered with the heathrob of 4th year people, I forgot his name. He didn't ring a bell on me. Actually, it was Miss Irene who told me that she'll partner with a cute guy.

4th year(1999-2000)
*During the vacation before I became a 4th Year student, I splitted up with Mark learning that he had a Third Party with someone who happens to be my classmate, Leslie, who also happens to be their relative; who also happens to become the girlfriend of my friend Jerome after she broke up with Mark. whew!
*T. Lara was our adviser and our teacher in Filipino.
* Mark and I reconciled the year after that. He told me how sorry he was and how he missed me. We ate somewhere and he gave me a ring with our names on it.
* We were trapped in the Marriage Booth again. This time we were given the Marriage contract which he kept.
* We had our Js Prom in Westin Philippine Plaza Hotel.

Tertiary: Philippine Normal University
Awards Received: Cum Laude

Memories
1st year(2000-2001)
* I met Lina, Mary, Carlene and Helen.
* I performed as a bird in "Biag ni Lam-ang".
* I can't remember how it happened but my PE teacher pushed me to join the Miss Intramurals. I won an award- Best in Filipiniana.
*My classmate Shyla gave me a textmate, who became my boyfriend. His name was Ryan.

2nd year (2001-2002)
* Strengthened my friendship with Lina and I made friends with Jinna
* I joined the athletic team for our department.
* I turned 18. I celebrated my debut in Kowloon West located in West Ave. There were around 150 guests.
* I broke up with Ryan during the vacation.

3rd year(2002-2003)
* I've been friends with Jeslie.
* My favorite professor was Dr. Obias and Dr. Gines.
* I joined the Miss Psychology and won 2nd runner up and a minor award for Best in Rave costume.
*We had our thesis in Clark and Bataan. I was grouped with Sigrid, Jemmabel and Joan who were just a mere classmates of mine but became my friends after the thesis. There was a showcase of the thesis. We swept all the awards from Best in Lobby Presentation, Best in Oral Presentation and the Best Thesis. Our thesis was also sent to compete other universities' theses.

4th year(2003-2004)
*I joined the Miss PNU and became 3rd runner-up.
* There was a day that I did so many things, it was a Psych Week that's why- I emceed a Debate in the morning, then I performed my speech in our Drama course, then I emceed a dance competition in the lunch time, then I needed to go to the rehabilitation center in the afternoon together with my groupmates, and then on the evening, I, being a Miss Psychology need to attend the competition in the evening for Miss Psych of that year to transfer our crowns. Thank God for givving me the strength.
*We had our thesis in Bataan. If my previous research the Best in Thesis during my Junior years in college, I felt that my thesis this year was the worst thesis.
*I got terribly sick after the first semester.
* I met new friends when I had the Practicum in St. Therese Rose of School (school of one of PNU's Guidance Counselor)- Christy, Joy and Eman.
* I graduated Cum Laude.

Post-Graduate: De La Salle University-Manila
Awards Received: None yet and I don't think they're giving out awards.
Memories:
I started studying in the 2nd Term of S.Y. 2007.
Right now, it's my 5th Term there and I'm now taking my Practicum. Yehey!

2 comments:

Tintin.Tetay said...

Enjoyed reading this. Brought back memories of my own "school moments."

yUmi Aspene said...

Yah! I sure I missed writing other things pa. Kakatuwa noh? Tsaka ang bilis ng panahon!:)